Monday, August 31, 2009

Progressive Running

I woke up at 5:15 this morning to make sure I have plenty of time to get my morning workout in. Surprisingly, it seems to be getting easier and easier to wake up early to run; and the weather has been GREAT lately so it makes it that much easier. I ran my 7.45 mile loop this morning in 1:38. The overall time is not that impressive, but I started out rediculously and was able to progressively increase my pace the whole run. I averaged 8:35/mile for the first 2.9 miles, then 8:00/mile for the next 2.2 miles, and finally 7:42/mile for my last 2.35 miles. I then spent some quality time on the elliptical (40 minutes). I've noticed that the fitter I get, the harder the first mile of every run feels; but on the flip side, the fitter I get the better I feel the last 3-4 miles.

Run Streak = 51 days

No comments:

Post a Comment