Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cruise Intervals

I had scheduled a relatively short set of cruise intervals for myself this morning. The exact workout was 2 x 2 Miles @ 12.5k Race Pace w/3-4 minute rest. The past couple of days have been extremely busy and today doesn't look to be any different. So I woke up at 5:30am and rode my bike over 'Forest Hills' to run a 2 mile road loop that I typically have my athletes do tempo runs on. I like the course as it requires a lot of uphill and downhill running (very little of it is flat). After a 2 mile warm up, I proceeded to run 14:10 for the first one and 14:06 for my second one. Which is right in the range I wanted to run. I was feeling really good after the first one, so I kept my recovery at 3 minutes and when I started the second one, I probably ran this first mile a little too quick (~6:56), so I backed off slightly to keep it under control in the second mile. It was a good workout, I felt like I could have done another one if I had needed too, but if I had I don't think I could have run much faster than what I ran the first two in. I'm looking forward to some mile repeats this weekend!

Run Streak = 45 days

No comments:

Post a Comment