Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cruise Intervals

I scheduled an early morning light workout with the team at the track. As group they ran for about 25-30 miles (Men 4 miles / Women 3 miles) followed by a few short hill repeats and a short cool down. I rode my bike with the men on their 4 mile group run. The atmosphere was pretty light today, which was nice after yesterday's stressful workout. I think everyone needed that, and I know I definately did.

I had 6 x 1600m scheduled for myself. I'm focusing heavy on improving my lactate threshold at the moment, so I had them schedule to be at my current 10 mile race pace with a 1 minute rest. I ran.... 7:07 - 7:07 - 7:03 - 7:12 - 7:01 - 7:09 for an average of 7:07/mile. It was a good workout. The weather was nice and I felt like accomplished what I wanted out of it. It felt good and I could have done a few more if I had wanted to, but I'm trying to be patient. I plan to work my way up to 12 x 1600m by Janaury. If I can do that, I should be ready to knock out a good Half-Marathon. I cooled down a mile to give my self 9-miles for the day.

Run Streak = 49 days

No comments:

Post a Comment