Saturday, August 22, 2009

Heat Wave

I ran the Heat Wave 5k this morning, which is one of the monthly club events for my running club, Seven Hills RC. There was a really good turn out which is always good to see. I like to say that there are two types of people in this world.... those who run and those who should.

I haven't done any heavy training the past few weeks. I've only averaged about 40 miles each week with no quality workouts. My goal today was the negative split and just get an idea of what kind of shape I'm so I can determine the proper paces for my workouts. I ran 10:51.1 (~6:57/mile) for the "out" portion of the out-in-back course. On the "back" portion I ran 10:21.3 (~6:38/mile) for a total time of 21:12.4. I was quite pleased with this run. I ran this exact same course at the end of April and ran 21:38. I was doing a lot more quality workouts at that time and my mileage was significantly higher then, so I was quited pleased with the run and with the fact that I ran almost 30 seconds faster. The weather was fairly nice for an August morning in Southeast Texas.

Run Streak = 42 days

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the negative splits! The head damn near killed me yesterday!

    ReplyDelete