Friday, August 28, 2009

Bad Mood = Good Running

I've been in a shitty mood the past few days and I think it's because I've been working 12-14 hour days to try to get all my work done (and I'm still behind). On top of that, when the morning workouts I have scheduled for the team don't go well I get in even more of a bad mood. So this morning's workout was a 6 mile steady run for the women and a 6 to 8 mile steady run for the men. Needless to say, it sucked!* So after biking 10.5 miles and running 2 miles to prep for practice, I ran 5 miles as hard as I could around town to run off some stress. So the run went well, but even on completition I was still pissed. I get extremely annoyed with excuses from athletes as to why they can't do the workout for the day. It makes me want to kick them in the nuts!

*So after getting cleaned up and after getting back into the office, one of my athletes comes by to pick up her shoes. She asks me what I thought about thought the run this morning. I immediately start telling her about how pissed I was and how concerned I am that the athletes can't handle a simple steady run. After talking a bit more about it, it comes to fruition that I wrote the wrong times down because I was looking at the wrong finish watch (I had 3 watches going for this morning's workout). I was about 4.5-minutes off on each finishing time for the women. So the workout didn't go as bad as I thought. On the bright side, I got a 5 mile hard run out of the whole thing!

Run Streak = 48 days

2 comments:

  1. My best angry run ever was up and down Bowers a few times...I'll never forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about running hard on the hills when you're angry just seems like the right answer.

    ReplyDelete