Thursday, July 2, 2009

IT'S HOT!!!!

Holy Cow! Can it possibly get any hotter?!?

After a good repetition workout yesterday I woke up early this morning to run a little over 8 miles with one of my athletes. 8 miles has become a pretty standard run and I was expecting it to be a just a moderate effort run. We started running at 6:30am as I was hoping to avoid the scorching heat of a Texas summer, however, their is no escaping the humidity. By 4 miles the moderate effort plan went completely out the window. We weren't running all the quick, but I could tell I was sweating a lot. I've made a conscious effort to try to stay hydrated and I feel like I do nothing but drink water and pee all day, but apparently that's still not enough. By the time we reached mile 6 I was completely exhausted. I barely had enough energy to walk back to the finish. That was the second worst I've ever felt on a run. But just as one good run doesn't make the season, one bad run doesn't break the season. I have a 5k race Saturday morning. I'm just going to hydrate and rest until then. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment