Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back to the Basics

So I've just been running mileage lately. I haven't had a big desire to do much in the way of 'quality' workouts or time trials, so I've been able to enjoy myself on some basic mileage runs. I went fishing with my grandfather on Saturday and by the time we were done I was too tired to go for a run, so I took Saturday off. However, I've totaled 25 miles the last three 'run days' and it's all felt pretty good. I got a good 8.5 mile run in this morning at what turned out to be a pretty good clip towards the end. I realized today that my favorite part of running are the mileage runs. I can just go out and do whatever I want without worrying about times, efforts, or splits. I can run as hard or as easy as I want, for as long or as short as I want. A lot less stressful than those quality track workouts. The past 5-6 days have been a real pick me up and I'm ready for the weather to cool so I can start hammering out the miles again.

No comments:

Post a Comment