Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feel Surprisingly Good!




It wasn't but a few short weeks ago when I was struggling to finish a 5 mile run at any pace and couldn't hold a 6:30 mile to save my life. But it's amazing what a little determination and persistence can do. The past week or so has been amazing. I've been breezing through long runs at a good solid pace. On a few occassions I've felt so good I've been able to really hammer the last mile or two. I was going to do a 3200m Time Trial Monday evening, but it was windy and about to storm in Lockhart, so I decided to forgo the time trial in favor of a quality endurance run. I ended up running 6.1 miles at about 7:28 per mile. I was quite pleased with this, especially considering I ran a 10k Race in February in similar conditions and ran about 7:15 per mile the entire way.

Today I traveled to Boulder, Colorado. My flight left out of Austin at 6:35am, and I wasn't sure if I would have time or energy to run once I got to Boulder, so I woke up at 3:30am to get in almost 4 miles. It felt almost effortless and I breezed through it pretty quickly. After traveling most of the morning I arrived in Boulder. I walked around campus for a while just checking out the sights. I strolled down Pearl St, which is the main drag here in Boulder. It's quite a nice place and the weather is awesome. At 3pm it was about 75-degrees with a slight breeze and 65% humidity. I had already been settled in and I couldn't pass up this opportunity to run. So at 3pm I went out and ran an easy 5.5 miles along Boulder Creek Path that runs right through part of campus and next to the dorm I'm staying in. I never would dream of running outside at 3pm in Texas in July. As it was in Eugene, this place feels like another world.

No comments:

Post a Comment