Sunday, July 26, 2009

Completed Training Cycle

So today marked the end of my 20 week training cycle. It was a very good 20 weeks and I am extremely impressed with the progress I've made. For example, on January 22 I did a 3 mile tempo run in Huntsville and ran 24:26 (8:08/mile) and on July 26 I did a 4 mile tempo run in Boulder, CO and ran 27:53 (6:58/mile). It's remarkable what can be accomplished in just 6 months. I'm now excited to start training for my next training cycle. This one will be a 6.5 month plan with my primary focuses being on the Aramco Half-Marathon on January 17 in Houston and then the Houston Rodeo Run 10k at the end of February. I don't plan on increasing the volume of my highest mileage weeks much (I'll probably continue to top out at 60-65 miles in my high weeks), but I'm going to increase the frequency of these weeks so that I'm able to string together 3 consecutive weeks of 60-65 miles on two different occasions. I'm also going to keep my focus on improving my lactate threshold and maximal oxygen consumption. I tend to respond well when I'm able to get 2 or 3 good LT or VO2 workouts each week. I'm excited about it!

I'm a "stats guy." I like to look at numbers and try to find patterns or tendencies. If these stats are interpreted properly I think they can give a good indication of what individuals need to do to continue to improve from one season to the next. Here are my running stats from the past 5 months.

Total Miles: 926.5 miles
Avg Miles/Week: 46.325 miles
Total Number of Runs: 154 (in 140 days)
Avg Distance/Run: 6.016 miles
Highest Mileage Week: 60.8 miles (May 25 - May 31)
Lowest Mileage Week: 26.6 miles (Apr 6 - Apr 12)
Number of Weeks Over 60 miles: 3
Number of Weeks Over 50 miles: 9
Number of Weeks Under 40 miles: 6
Number of Weeks Under 30 miles: 2
Total Time Spent Running: 121-hours, 27-minutes and 57-seconds
Avg Running Time/Week: 6-hours, 4-minutes and 24-seconds
Avg Running Pace: 7-minutes and 52-seconds
Avg Run Duration: 47-mintues and 19-seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment