Thursday, July 23, 2009

What Altitude?

Boulder sits at a little over 5400 ft above sea level and at this point it should be relatively easy to feel the effects of the increased altitude (especially coming from sea level). However, I haven't noticed it much. My paces are just a few seconds per mile slower than what I normally run, but that could also be attributed to the fact that I've been putting in quite a bit more miles the past few weeks than I have originally planned. I'm going to do a 4 Mile Tempo Run along Boulder Creek on Saturday morning and that should really tell me how big of a negative effect that altitude has.

Other than that, I've just been putting in the mileage.... 29.5 miles in the past 3 days and 86 miles in the past 10 days. Quite a bit more than the 40 mile weeks I had planned at this point in the year, but I've been bored and at times boredom can be a runners best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment