Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back to Reality

The past 7 days were amazing…. beautiful scenery, great track competition, awesome running conditions, and a lot of fun times with Mike, DJ, Jon, Lane, and Andy. At the present moment, this was by far the most enjoyable trip I've taken with the team. I can't imagine anything that could have been better.

After spending all day traveling on Monday to get back to Huntsville, I'm ready to get back to my normal routine. I haven't been able to get in cross training, strength training, or swimming in this past week; so I'm ready to start that again. I also haven't been eating very well that past 4-6 weeks and I defiantly can tell a different in my running and my overall energy levels. I have three weeks until I go to Colorado, so I'm going to go back to sticking to a stricter diet until then. It will probably all go to crap again once I get to Colorado (it always does if I travel for more than few days) but if I can eat well until then I should be okay.

I'm also entering the last phase of my current training plan. I have a time trial schedule once a week from now until I leave. I'll have a 5k race this Saturday in Houston, followed by a 1500m time trial next week, an 800m time trial the following week, and a 3k time trial the day before I leave for Colorado. I've been running pretty well for a while so I'm looking forward to see what I can run in these time trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment