Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Long Day

I woke up at 5:15am to make sure I had time and energy to run today. It's times like this when I think I may be taking my running a bit too seriously. Most recreational runners would just sleep in and possible take the day off, but my competitive instincts won't let me do that. I was able to get in a good 8 miler and I was able to really push the pace the last 3 miles. It felt good and I feel really fit aerobically right now. It wasn't but 6 months ago when a 5 mile run was a long way.... and now 8 miles feels pretty standard.

I left Huntsville at 8am to go to the airport and fly to Oregon. The USA National Championships are this week and we've had 4 athletes qualify. Since Coach Collier and Coach Self are on vacation I had to bring the athletes. The flight into Portland was amazing as we flew very close to a massive snow covered mountain just before landing. The scenary here is amazing and the weather is beautiful. I've search the internet and found several running trails in the Eugene area. I hope to run on as many of them as I can while I'm here. I can't wait for my morning run. It was a long trip and I'm pretty tired, but I'm looking forward to waking up early to get in a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment