Sunday, December 6, 2009

Long Quality Day

I've been feeling really good on runs lately and I've been wanting to get in another long quality workout to help me prep for the difficulties I'm going to encounter in the half-marathon.

I originally wanted to do 8 x 2000m again, but at the last minute I decided to "up the ante" a bit and decided to do 12 x Mile w/2 min rest. My original plan had me running about 6:50-7:00 per mile, but as you're about to see, that went out the window very quickly.

I ran on the feeder road near the state park again, as I had practice scheduled with the team at the state park. I couldn't help it, but I ran my first mile in 6:02. YIKES!!!! It didn't feel overly difficult, but I knew there was no way I would be able to maintain that pace. I backed off a bit and averaged 6:28.6 for the first 4 repeats, 6:36.0 for the middle 4 repeats, and 6:43.3 for the last 4 repeats. My last three repeats were pretty rough (much like the last three miles of my half-marathon in October), but I got through it. I ended the workout with a 2 mile cool down, to give me 16 for the morning.

I'm pretty tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment