Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm Still Here

I know it's been a while since my last post. I'm going to blame it on the JW Marriott in Orlando charging $15 a day for internet use and the fact that I'm too cheap to pay that. But no worries. I'm still alive and I'm still running.

Do to my travels last week, I was only able to log 50 miles. Which is my lowest mileage week in 3 months. I ended up taking two days off (the two days I traveled), so I figure a 50 mile week wasn't bad.

I hate traveling as it always throws off my routine and it seems to always take a few days to adjust. Traveling to Orlando threw off my routine, then traveling back threw it off again. I think this, along with running in worn out shoes, had me feeling a bit fatigued and my runs and quality workouts hadn't been going well. But I've re-adjusted, established a routine, and have new shoes. So all is well.

I'm not less than 4 weeks away from the Houston Half-Marathon so I'm in my final prep. My plan between now and then is to put in two of my best weeks of training this week and next, followed by two regular training weeks with lots of mileage, two quality workouts, two sessions of strength training and three sessions of cross training each week.

This morning I ran 12 x 1600m @ 15k Race Pace w/2 min rest. I kept it under control for my first few, which is something I didn't do last time I did this workout. I ran the first 8 on the roads and the last 4 on the track. I averaged 6:40/mile for the first 4 reps, 6:46/mile for the middle 4 reps, and 6:49/mile for the last 4 reps. I was a good workout and one I really feel will help me in the later stages of the race (where I really struggled in my race in October). I totaled 15 miles this morning and was able to get in an hour on the elliptical.

Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment