Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Good Running = Fun Running; Bad Running = Non-Fun Running

“It’s all fun until you fucking lose!” —David Bedford

My running hasn't been going that well lately. I was able to salvage last week's threshold run; however, things have been getting progressively worse. Nothing to panic about, but I was far busier this past weekend than I would have liked and I missed out on my long run that was scheduled for Saturday. On top of that, I ran at 2pm (not smart, I know). After a long day Saturday and lots of driving, I ran 4 miles on Sunday and had a constant side stitch for the entire duration of the run. It wasn't bad, but my normal trick to getting rid of side stitches didn't work and it was uncomfortable the whole time. I ran 8 miles yesterday, and the side stitch was still there. I ran a 4 mile tempo run this morning, AND THE SIDE STITCH WAS STILL THERE! I can't seem to shake this thing and it's beginning to annoy me. I'm hoping that getting back to a daily training routine and better dietary habits will fix it.

So needless to say, my running isn't going as well as I would like it and when it's not going well it's not a lot of fun.

Run Streak = 73 days

No comments:

Post a Comment