Saturday, September 5, 2009

Late Start

I slept in a bit this morning and didn't get started with my run until about 9am. Fortunately, the weather is cooling off, so the late start didn't negatively impact my workout.

I went over to Forest Hills again for a 2 x 2 Mile workout @ 12.5k Race Pace w/3 minute rest. I did this workout two weeks ago and averaged 14:07 for each 2 mile segment. After a two mile warm up I was feeling pretty good and had a feeling it would be a pretty good workout. I've had some pretty early mornings the past 2 weeks, so I think the extra rest did me some good. I ran my first 2 mile cruise interval in 13:40. My goal was just to run 14:00, but I felt good and under control. I had hit the mile in 6:42 and tried to hold back some in the second mile. After a 3 minute walking rest I started my second cruise interval and I hit the mile in 6:45. I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to just go with it. I finished in 13:30 feeling great. This workout was supposed to be a cruise interval workout, but I probably worked past my lactate threshold and got some VO2 stimulus out of it.... but oh well. I was feeling good and just went with it. Next time I do this workout I'll run 3 cruise intervals instead of 2, hopefully that will help keep me from running them too quickly. Good day today!

Run Streak = 56 days

No comments:

Post a Comment