Monday, September 28, 2009

FML!!!!

So everything was going great. I had a 76 day running streak going. Workouts were going fairly well. High mileage weeks were becoming routine. I was handling my long runs better and better. Then shit happens!

On our way down to Corpus Christi on Friday I started feeling tight in my chest (a lot like asama). No worries though, I had already run that day and I'm sure just the change in weather was causing it (it was a lot warmer in Corpus than it was in Huntsville). Then at the meet Friday night, I started getting sore and achy. I wasn't overly worried, I figured it was just the long drive. However, once we get back to the hotel after the meet, it hit. I felt like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag. I didn't go eat with the team as the only thing I could think of was go to sleep. I knew at this moment that I had caught the flu. The number one cause of ruined training plans had it me, and at the worst possible time (like there is ever a good time). I broke the first of my own rules.... don't get sick! The entire trip from this point on was horrible. I had one of my athletes drive my van back while I slept in the back seat the entire way home. I got back home Saturday and had bearly enough energy to get home and make it to my bed. Sunday was a little better, but not much. Monday has gone much better than the previous two days and I should be back to full strength in the few more days.

The most fustrating part is that 1) my running steak ended and 2) I just registered for a 5k race in Houston on Oct 3. I was expected to run under 20 minutes there for the first time. I doubt that will happen now and I may not even make the trip. I already paid my entry fee, which sucks. This same kind of shit happened this past April when I tried to run the Blue Bell 10k in Brenham. Nothing's ever easy. FML!

1 comment:

  1. Almost as bad as when I had to look at an unopened packet earlier this year...that s@#$ does suck!

    ReplyDelete