Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Feeling Good

My training has been going fairly well the past several weeks. I finally feel like I'm back to the routine of being a runner and I've noticed that I've been feeling stronger and more efficient on most of my runs. On Saturday I ran 7.8-miles, which was my longest run since April 15, and last night I put my shoes on with the intention of running 3-miles, but just before I started I decided to go ahead and do 4-miles. About 2.5-miles into it I decided to go a head and make it a 6.5-mile run. I been feeling strong an efficient again, however, my average pace is significantly slower than it was just a few weeks ago. I've been averaging about 8:20 to 8:35 per mile. My only justification for this is the fact that it has been significantly hotter and more humid than it was just a few weeks ago. Sunday morning I went for a run and the humidity was at about 98%. I don't handle the heat and humidity well, so I'm going to try to do most of my morning runs indoors at the HKC and the bulk of my running in the evening on the roads. This is about the best way I can figure to deal with the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment