Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Threshold

Today was my first true workout since the Half-Marathon. After a 1.95 mile warm up I did a 4 Mile Threshold Run on the roads using my heart rate monitor. I set my limits at 86% and 90% of my max heart. I've noticed this usually gets me pretty close to my lactate threshold and since I haven't done a quality workout in a while, I figured this would help me keep things under control.

I ran my first 2.15-miles in 14:51.4 (6:54/mile) and my last 1.85-miles in 12:21.6 (6:40/mile) for a total time of 27:13.0 (6:48/mile). I was pretty pleased with it, but this was also the pace I ran for the 10k on Saturday. It makes me wonder if I ran too hard today, or if I ran too easy on Saturday. Either way, it was a good first quality workout.

I'm looking at running some 800m repeats on Friday or Saturday. Hopefully those go as well as today did.

No comments:

Post a Comment