Saturday, March 20, 2010

Running Fast Again

My original plan was to run 8 x 800m today, however, the weather had different plans for me. With it being windy and cold I decided to do a little repetition work so that I didn't have to run into a headwind for a significant amount of time.

After my standard 2 mile warm up with strides, I ended up running 12 x 250m w/100m jog + 50m walk. My goal was to run around 50-seconds per rep (5:20 mile pace). This is my first true repetition workout since last summer and that fastest I've run in a workout in a LONG time.... so I didn't have real high expectations. I ended up averaging 50.9-seconds per rep and 1:18.7 on the recovery. This type of workouts are no my speciality and definately not a workout I like to do (other than the fact it's over quickly). The workout was a bit easier than I expected it to be and I was pleased with the results given the conditions.

Total of 6.25 miles for the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment