Sunday, November 22, 2009

We Run Because We Must

"We run because we must
Through the great wide spaces.
Within each man exists a demon
Some men are able to quiet it,
Other men are driven by it.
In being driven
They encounter loneliness.
But, they discover themselves
And find exhilaration,
they find too, a peace,
Which many men seek,
But few attain,
I congratulate the long distance
Runner for his self discipline.
I share with him his loneliness,
I envy him his peace." -Pierre Elliott Trudeau


*Training has been going well. I ran 66.4-miles this past week and 241.6-miles in the past 4 weeks. Both are personal bests. I ran 6x1600m w/3 min rest on Saturday night. I averaged 6:32 with my fastest one being 6:27 and my slowest one being 6:37. Other than that, not much else going on. Just taking training one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment