Sunday, November 8, 2009

8 x 2000m @ 20k Race Pace

I went back home to Lockhart Friday night. I had been planning on going to the UIL Region IV Championships for a few weeks, but due to a family emergency as well I needed to go back to Lockhart. Fortunately the first race wasn't schedule to begin until 12noon, so I was able to get my Saturday morning workout in without having to wake up at some ridiculous hour. I decided to do 8x2000m @ my 20k Race Pace with a 2 minute rest. Aerobically, the workout was not all that demanding and I average 8:46 for all of them. However, I could really feel the muscular fatigue in the last 3 reps, which was the focus of the workout. I wanted to do something long and fatiguing. I feel I can manage 6:50 to 7:00 per mile for 13.1 miles without too much difficulty; however, the muscular fatigue over the duration of the race is what worries me and I feel is my weakness. It was a good workout though and I was pleased with it.

I ran 8 miles this morning. I originally wanted to run 12, but my legs were a little dead from yesterday. I still may go out to run another 4 miles tonight, we'll see. At the present moment, I just completed a 62 mile week and I have 232 miles during the past 4 weeks. Feeling pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment