Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good Times!

Training has been going quite well and I must give partial credit of that to the weather. It seems everyone, but runners especially, seem to get little extra bounce in their step once the weather cools.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a milestone for me in several ways. In the morning I ran a 4 Mile Threshold Run on the track. I ran 27:38 and negative split each mile. I followed it up with a few "quick" 400s in 85-seconds. It was a good run, but I'm mostly proud of the fact that after the first mile of the threshold run I crossed the 2000-mile mark for 2009. It took me 321-days to get there, but I did it. I'd like to hit 2400-miles by the end of the year, though that will be pushing it.

In the evening we had the SHSU Chocolate Milk Mile. Now that the cross country season is over, we decided to have a little fun by putting ourselves through unnecessary pain for a few laughs. For those unaware of what a "Chocolate Milk Mile" is, it consists of 4 x (12oz of chocolate milk + running 440-yards). I proud to have established a chocolate milk mile personal record of 6:28. Hopefully their will be a video up on youtube soon :)

I had a nice run on the dirt roads at Sam Houston National Forest this afternoon. I got in 12.35-miles in 1:38:57. It was quite dark the last 4-miles, but it got done. I felt pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment