Sunday, October 11, 2009

Two Good Days

Each of my runs the past two days have been great. I'm sure the cooler weather has a lot to do with it, but it's nice to be feeling good and running well regardless.

Yesterday (Saturday) was an extremely busy day. I woke up early to go scout perspective student-athletes at Nike South. I left the meet a little early to be back in Huntsville into for the teams practice. I had a 2 hour break between the workout and the time I had to leave to go to Magnolia to meet a with a recruit and her parents. I was able to squeeze in my run during that two hour break. I originally wanted to do 3 x 2 Miles at Forest Hills, but I didn't have time for that. So I changed the workout to 3 x 15 min hard fartlek with 3 min rest between each hard segment. I ended up running my 8.25-mile course around town and covered the entire route in just under 58-minutes. I probably ran a little harder than I originally planned, but the weather was great and I felt good, so I just went with it. I averaged 7:02/mile (including my easy jog segments of the fartlek) for the entire run, which is significantly faster than I've ever run that course before.

Today I ran 12.1-miles at the State Park. This is the longest run I've ever completed and I ran 1-hour 38-minutes 30-seconds (8:08/mile). I typically run about 8:20/mile on my runs in the park, so I was quite pleased with this run is well. I'm feeling good and at the present moment I'm looking forward to the Houston Half-Marathon in two weeks.

Run Streak = 10 days

1 comment:

  1. good luck at the half marathon!!! but the nice weather is leaving again and it's beginning to get humid ;(

    ReplyDelete