Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mile Repeats

“Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.” -Arthur Golden

Today I ran my first quality workout since getting sick. I was hoping to be able to run 8x1600m @ ~7/mile with 1 min rest by now, but the flu set me back a bit. I decided to keep the workout at 6x1600m with 1 min rest. I timed them all, but didn't look at my watch the entire workout. I wanted to just run off of feel instead of obsessing about the pace. I average 7:20/mile for the 6 repeats and felt pretty good most of the way. However, I could really feel some soreness in my legs the last two. Last time I did this workout I average 7:07/mile. I felt about the same this time, so it's obvious I'm not back to where I was, but I think another week or so and I should be fine.

Run Streak = 6 days

1 comment: