Sunday, October 18, 2009

Back to a routine

This past week was the most stressful week for me as I am the meet director for the SHSU Cross Country Invitational and it's my responsibility to handle any and everything associated with the meet. I probably put in close to 70 hours this past week in prep for this, including some physical labor. It always interrupts my training, but I do the best I can.

I was able to get in some decent workouts this week and still managed to get about 50 miles in this week, with an off day on Saturday (meet day).

I got a good 12.1 miler in this morning out at the state park. I averaged about 8:15/mile, which is pretty normal for most of my runs on the trails at the park, though I could tell I was working a little harder than normal.

I have my first Half-Marathon next Sunday in Houston. My goal is to run between 94 and 96 minutes. Due to the flu and this XC Meet, I haven't been as consistent with my training the past month as I'd like to be, but I still feel pretty good. All I can do at this point is just watch my diet, get some good rest at night, and follow my normal routine. I hope to get a good mile repeat workout in Wednesday, but other than just some mileage and crossing of the fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you get a good start. Sprint for as long as possible right from the gun. Don't be fooled by the "pace yourself" theory, that one's for wimps. Any real man can sprint for the entire 13.1 miles.

    ReplyDelete