Thursday, January 14, 2010

Final Tune-Up

Today was my final tune-up prior to the Houston Half this Sunday. I wanted to run a moderately difficult workout that I could complete, but would have to work to get it done. I also wanted to run a reasonable volume, but not too much.

So I decided to run 6x1600m w/400m jog recovery between each rep. I wanted to run negative times for every two repeats. I ran my first two reps in 6:57 and 6:55, my next two in 6:38 and 6:39, and my final two in 6:28 and 6:28. For each repeat my average heart rate stayed at 88-90% of it's max and I felt pleasantly exhausted at the conclusion, which is what I was looking to accomplish. All in all, I was pleased.

The hay is now in the barn. All I can do at this point is just jog around, eat right, and get some rest. I feel about as ready to go as I could at this point. I just hope no abnormal aches or pains pop up between now and then. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment